Post offices News
Tasmanian meeting report
Posted: January 18, 2017 at 8:13 pm
Licensees from as far as northeast, north, northwest and south of Tasmania gathered in Campbell Town for a Meet ‘n Eat on Sunday, with Australia Post’s Geoff Hyland the special guest speaker.
POAAL Tasmanian Branch Chairman Chris Dancer chaired a warm and helpful meeting, with questions answered by POAAL and AP reps.
Everyone was able to take part in the discussions, and many helpful hints from around the room were shared. There was tasty food and lots of shop talk during lunch.
Some topics exercising the minds of local Licensees:
- Parcel delivery issues, including a need for tweaking the drop down boxes in scanning mode; and still some overweight/oversize items in the network (including a refrigerator!)
- How to extend PO Box installations and what AP will do to assist, including “Rent Me” cards and the loan of a banner
- PO Box renewals and how the system could be refined and improved
- Bags and trays pro forma
- Carded articles pro forma
- Carded parcels storage advice
- Franchising dispute resolution
- Mail Management Fee
- PO Box installation
- Request a Disclosure Document
- Stock delivery issues
- Industrial relations
- Franchising Code of Conduct
- LPO assignment letters
- POMS Data Collection Report
- LPO Arrangements Payment Scheme
- Looking to buy a post office?
Become a POAAL member
POAAL provides support and services for Licensees and Franchisees (Post Office Owners), Mail & Parcel Contractors and Couriers.